Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 5 EOC: Social Networks and Job Hunting


It can be very hard to find a job in these times. I know I’ve been looking; yet I don’t have not been hired. Through social media and jobsites, it can be a bit easier if you know where to look and which sites to trust. But how do you find a site to trust? That’s only found through research and word of mouth, I’ve found. I normally won’t look at craigslist.com but I’ve known a few who have found some jewels on the site. Like becoming a brand ambassador for companies. A lot more companies are looking for brand ambassadors to promote for them. I find the ambassadors are quite special. “It’s the value of having someone there who wants to talk to you about the product and the features,” says one brand ambassador. “It’s not really about sales; it is about sharing of information. If you go about it in a way that is positive and relatable, it’s a positive experience for [both parties].” (Armstrong & Kotler (2011) Marketing: An Introduction. page 15 of 59 — printed page 143) The next time I see one, I’ll walk over and listen to what they have to say. They know what their talking about and not just trying to get you to buy, they want you to know what they know.

What I’m not so sure about is jobs hiring through Facebook.com. It’s kind of weird. That’s where I go to keep in touch with friends and family as well as play games to distract myself from homework. And yet, it seems more places are starting to facebook as a way of hiring. But if current growth trends continue, Facebook could rival traditional job boards in 2012” (Job Recruiters Turn to Facebook to Find Candidates). Very interesting stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment