Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics


Being only born in ’89, I am a part of the Millennials Generation. I am proud of when I was born. I grew up in the ‘90s with some of my favorite cartoons and TV shows. I grew up with the NES. And by the time I really got to dress myself, big hair was out of style! Though, I did get stuck with perms for picture days at school. When I have thought about my generation before I didn’t think I fit very well into it when I compare myself with the teens of today who are only a few years younger than me. Now that I have read the section about the Millennials Generation in my textbook, I can see how I do fall into. I can’t imagine living without a way to talk to my friends who live in other countries. In fact, without internet, I wouldn’t have friends from other countries. I wouldn’t get very good grades on papers due to my dyslexia if I had to hand write everything out either. And of course, my video games. What would I do without them? When I was younger I avoided any book I could and sat in front of the family TV for hours playing Tetris and Super Mario World 3. I also wouldn’t be able to know when a new book is coming out from my favorite authors so I could pick them up at the library. (I love reading more than I love my video games now that I’ve gotten past my struggles.) I also wouldn’t know much about fashion with the internet. I’d be stuck with what I could only learn through growing up and going to stores where I may get incorrect information. I do try to keep my dependency on technology as low as I can. There are just some things that aren’t the same on screen as it is in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment