Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

As a consumer, customer relations are a big driving force behind why I return to the places I shop. If I’m treated poorly or simply ignored, I won’t want to go back to store or place of business. When I treated well, I make plans to return when the need arises, and sometimes when I wish to see the working there again. The place I get my hair cut, the Subway I eat at and the Albertsons I shop at are all places I go to, even if they are out of the way or not the closest one to me, because I enjoy the workers there. My best experience though has been at a bank I don’t even have an account with, yet. The Credit Union in my Albertsons will be the place I go to when I have the funds to open an account; simply because of the people working there. I started getting to know the tellers though a friend who uses the bank. I was greeted and talked to that first day and I slowly stopped feeling shy and over time I came to get to know each person there. Even though I don’t have money with the credit union, they still talk with me every time I wonder over to them; I even play Words with Friends with one of them. How they make me feel keeps me returning and think of only one place I would trust my money with, with them. “The overall process of building and maintaining profitable customer relationships by delivering superior customer value and satisfaction.” (Armstrong & Kotler (2011).
Marketing: An Introduction. Page 18) I can only hope that someday I have the same relationship with my own clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment