Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 1 EOC: My Voice


With a dream of working as an Image Consultant, I am building my plans for my future. Working on my degree in fashion, I am building a network of people within the LGBT community of Las Vegas. I’m looking forward to being more active and helping to make fashion more accessible in the community.  I stay on track with fashion through sites like stylesite and womensweardaily, I also attend events geared toward the LGBT community to better understand the needs and wants of the people within so I may better take care of my future customers.  It’s very important to me to have clothing opportunities for everyone. I strive to create equal footing for men, women, gays and lesbians but most importantly those in the Trans community.
My planned business will be geared mostly toward the Trans community; helping pre/post op individuals find the clothing that work best for them, with the style they desire. Since finding clothing on their own can be quite difficult, I hope to be able to provide a safe way for those who are transitioning to be able to be comfortable with fear of rejection from stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment